Monday, January 14, 2008

Progress!

So, I just got off the phone with a lovely woman from our local orphan petition processing office who said that our I-600a has been approved and the I-171H is being typed and sent as we speak. Who knew that people actually worked in those offices, I thought it was just some kind of big beaurocratic machine that did all of this stuff. Anyway, I spoke with my agency who said, yes everything is still on hold until March, but if we wanted, we could go ahead and put our dossier together to be ready for March. I am so excited!! March will be here before I know it, January is half over, and I go to Ecuador in February, and then March!! If everyone could just say a prayer that things are clearly decided in March, that adoptions stay open, and the process continues to move forward, I would greatly appreciate it. But for now, this little progress is the best news!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need a translator -- so many form numbers, and tell us again what a dossier is (yes, I do remember how to say it and it makes me feel important). This is all great news, and we'll be praying for God's perfect timing.
Arlene

The Oswalds said...

Congrats! The I-171H is a huge hurdle. How great that you can have your dossier ready to go for the March go ahead. I am praying for that (go ahead) for you. I remember the eternal wait for that last document. And you are right, March is just around the corner.

Love,
Shauna