Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 3

Yesterday was incredible. We started with a church service at Santos Pamba. Last year, our group quadrupled the size of the church, yesterday, we were just the group standing in the back with all of the seats filled with people from the community. After the church service, the ladies in the church cooked a meal for our group (ok, I was a little scared to eat it, I will admit), but it was really good, and it gave them so much pride to allow them to do something for us. After lunch we got right to work. We saw about 120 patients in 4 hours. Those of you who know about the trip last year know that our operation was great, but very primitive. We in the pharmacy were outside with chickens in our meds, and dogs looking for food. This year, we had a room inside with shelves to put out all of our meds and all the suitcases went back to storage. It was amazing. We saw old friends from last year, who were just as excited as we were to see them. So, if everything continues at this pace, it will be amazing, but I believe we will continue to get better every day, so I can't wait to see what happens in the rest of the week. Thanks again for your prayers. I will post more pictures later!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

What a great ministry! It is too bad you can't take that beautiful little girl home that you are holding in the last post. She reminds me of Alison:) Praying that God continually goes before you.

Family of Four said...

I love your updates! Its great hearing real-time what is going on. Thanks!