Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oh, the government...

So, we had our first minor setback, that wasn't really a setback, just annoying. We sent our paperwork into INS with our big fat check, and they sent it back saying they don't take checks. However on their website in quite plain English it states if you send a check make it out the department of homeland security. So, now I will go and get a money order and spend $20 mailing the packet again. Chris wants me to print out the instructions and highlight the part about sending a check, but I think making INS mad at us would do no good at this point.

A bit of exciting news, our homestudy is scheduled for this Sunday!!! Wow, can you believe it. Pray that my house has some sense of order when she comes for our meeting, for those of you who have been in my house, housekeeping is not my gift. Once that is done, it gets sent to our agency and we get on the "list." The list to get a referral!!! (otherwise known as the child who will be matched with us to join our family!!) I can hardly believe it!

Anyway, all rambling aside, pray for our home study. And for those of you looking for pointers for adopting, when the government says send a check, they don't mean check, they mean money order. "Check" must be some kind of code. I will figure it out one day.

No comments: